Solution Finder Get Tech Support

LYT1604 20 W led driver design

Posted by: ubotheju on

I am designing a 20W   LED driver based on    lyt1604  and following AN-67.   I  constructed  the  AC-DC  and DC-DC side separately on  a DOT board. 

I did this for  both hide side and low side topologies.  

DC - Dc side was tested with 60V Dc power supply and worked well.

But when DC -DC  side is connected with  AC-DC  side , the  IC ( lyt1604 ) is burnt. This happed for both topologies.

What can be the reasons ?  Any precaution  to make ?

Thanks

Upeka Botheju

Comments

Submitted by PI-Wrench on 03/20/2024

The catch diode (Dbuck in the sample schematics) should have a tight return path, (very close to the LYTSwitch "D" pin, and with a short return path to Cfilter2, which means it should be located on the portion of the prototype that has the LYTSwitch. This may be a cause for your blow-up problem.

Submitted by PI-Wrench on 03/20/2024

The recommended layout (including Dbuck positioning) is described in detail in AN-67.

Submitted by PI-Wrench on 03/21/2024

Here is my suggestion for positioning components on the AC-DC portion of your board. If you prefer through-hole components, you can substitute a UF4005 for the US1J, since both parts have a specified trr of 75 ns. It is vitally important that C2 D1, L2, and C3 be located on the AC-DC portion of your setup., since a tight loop area is demanded for the output section of the LED supply.

Attachment Size
AN67_layout.pdf 74.34 KB