People – Our Engine of Innovation
Innovation is the lifeblood of our company, and we depend on our people to sustain our competitive advantage. That’s why we offer attractive compensation with generous benefits for employees and dependents (including domestic partners), with the company paying an above-average share of the cost of health insurance and matching 401k contributions at a rate of 50% of the employee contribution (up to a maximum company match of 4% of eligible compensation).
These benefits, combined with our culture of innovation and sustainable growth, contribute to low employee turnover and an average tenure well above that of other companies.
|Headcount by Region||2017||2018||2019||2020|
Employee Tenure and Benefits
|2020 Employee Tenure
|Company Share of Employee Health
Insurance Cost vs.
|2020 401k Plan Participation Rate
1. Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, average of computer and electronic products industry as of January 2020
2. Source: Radford Survey, 2020
3. Source: Fidelity Investments Defined Contribution Plans, 2020
Full List of Benefits
Paid time off
Basic life insurance
|Short-term and long-term disability
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
401k and after-tax contributions with
Roth in-plan conversions
Employee stock purchase plan
|Other Benefits||Employee referral program
US wellness program
Transit commuter account
|Non-profit gift matching program
Optional life benefits and supplemental AD&D benefits
Discounted AMC movie tickets
Discounts for many theme parks and attractions
Fresh fruit, bagels, and pastries every Friday
|Worksite Amenities||Charging stations for electric vehicles
Sand volleyball courts
|Access to walking/jogging trail
PI encourages employee skill growth by offering tuition reimbursement of up to $5,250 each year for job-related education; we also offer catered lunch-time workshops on a range of personal-development topics such as financial planning, nutrition and stress management. In-person workshops were suspended in 2020 due to COVID-19; workshops offered in 2019 included:
|Sleep Better||The Power of Meditation||Brain Fitness||Eat Well|
|Back Care||Dash Diet||Pre-Diabetes||Fitting It In!|
Power Integrations also offers employees access to nearly 600 online classes via Skillsoft e-learning, covering such topics as communication, leadership and management, software, and time management. Examples of available courses include:
|Live Courses||- Improving Communications and Team Building- Managers
- Workplace Conflict Tools for Managers
- Overcoming Overwhelm for Managers
- Conflict Resolution Skills for the Workplace- Employees
- Overcoming Overwhelm: Handling Stress Well- Employees
(Examples of 500+ courses available)
|- Advanced Human Resources Management: People and Organization
- Cash Flow Management Essentials for Non-financial Professionals
- Choosing to Lead as a Woman
- Effective Critical Analysis of Business Reports
- Facing Challenges as a First-time Manager
- Laboratory Safety
- SAP Administration
- Supply Chain Management Basics: Cutting Costs and Optimizing Delivery
- Voice of the Customer in Six Sigma
- Workplace Management: Risk Management
Health and Safety
Power Integrations has robust policies and practices in place to maintain a safe and hazard-free workplace:
- Building audits are conducted twice a year to ensure safe working conditions by identifying and remediating potential safety hazards.
- The company’s safety committee meets twice a year to review workplace hazards or incidents and to ensure that corrective measures have been implemented.
- An Emergency Response Team (ERT) is in place to respond to medical emergencies, natural disasters and other workplace emergencies. ERT members receive First Aid and CPR training and certification.
|Occupational Health and Safety Metrics||2017||2018||2019||2020|
|High Consequence Injuries||2||1||0||0|
|High Consequence Injuries Rate*||0.53||0.27||0||0|
|Recordable Injuries Rate*||1.07||0.53||0.53||1.67|
*Rates are calculated as per GRI requirement (number of incidents per 200,000 hours worked)
PI employees are encouraged to engage with company leadership and raise concerns and questions in-person, via e-mail (anonymously if desired), or at our quarterly employee communications meeting with the CEO and senior management team. All employees with supervisory responsibilities receive two hours of training every two years in prevention of sexual harassment and abusive conduct in the workplace; non-supervisory employees receive one hour of such training every two years.
|U.S. Gender Diversity||U.S. Racial/Ethnic Diversity|
It is the policy of Power Integrations to provide equal employment opportunity for all employment applicants and employees without regard to prohibited considerations of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetic information, marital status or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.