Solution Finder Get Tech Support

Driver design LNK406

Posted by: eric_glezp on

Hi, I need a design for a led driver with Iout 350-700 mA with Buck-Boost topology using the driver LNK406. We want to know if it's possible to use this driver with non dimming options, and which components we have to change?

We want to use the same component to test different circuits, If it's not possible, could you help me with the design using LNK416?

Could you send me a design spreadsheet, schematic, etc..?

Eric

Comments

Submitted by PI-Crumb on 06/25/2012

I suggest that you try to utilize first PI Expert software to do your design. If you want a design for buck-boost, you can open PIXLs designer, create NEW project and choose LinkSwitch-PH. For Buck-boost, you need to set VOR=VO. You may refer to DER-285 for a buck-boost design example.

Let me know if you need further help.

Submitted by eric_glezp on 06/26/2012

thanks for your answer.

The problem using the software is that  I can know the values of the components but exists a lot of examples with different diagrams. Are the values the same for all the schematics?

And, Are there any example using LNK416 (or other without dimming capability)?

Submitted by eric_glezp on 06/26/2012

Using PI Extert I can't change the topology to other, flyback is by default. Am I doing something wrong?

Please navigate to Start Menu, then find Power Integrations folder. You will find PI Expert Suite x.x (refers to the version).

Please open "PIXLS Designer 8".Create a "NEW" project. You will see a list of design templates. Please choose Linkswitch-PH for flyback design, which you can modify for buck-boost (refer to DER-285) for spreadsheet example.