Solution Finder Get Tech Support

Serious overload limit changing issue with INN3167-H107

Posted by: sijulal on

Myself Sijulal George working at R&D division of an international compony were design and manufacturing services are done for world wide location for the past 20+ years. I have been also used several PI products for developing and production transfer of power supply for various customers like Hitachi Japan, GE USA, Videojet USA etc. But recently I have used INN3167-H107 for designing a product for a Japan customer and noticed that the same device has a serious issue. The issue is that the overload limit drastically changes with the output capacitor value which will not be acceptable for any customer. When we are testing the power supply alone the over load will be working as per the design value wrt to the current sense resistor but the same will be drastically increased when the customer board is connected as there are more capacitors present in customer board. I feel this is a serious bug with the device which cannot be correct. If any experts in PI knows the correction for this please let me know as our face with customer is now in a dark condition due to selection of PI device for this. Our design is for 4 Amps and without customer board OL is tripping at 4.7 Amps but when customer board is connected the OL drastically changes to even 6+ Amps which is not at all acceptable for me too as a power supply designer. Please support.

Comments

Submitted by PI-Lupin the Third on 09/21/2023

Hi,

The -H107 option includes Cable Drop Compensation, and it's essential to position the current sense resistor accurately to measure the output current correctly.

Our local FAE is actively addressing this issue, and we recommend connecting with them for further assistance. You can reach out to them through this link: https://www.power.com/company/sales/sales-offices

Thank you and best regards,

PI-Lupin