Solution Finder Get Tech Support

Paralleling hiperpfs-4

Posted by: Rusty Trawler on

The datasheet is a bit short on detail of the operation and characteristics of each pin.  I would imagine that there is a dirty trick method of paralleling these devices and getting them to share nicely.

Currently, the PFC method I use is very expensive being a 1600W module.  If I could operate 5 or 6 of the PI parts in parallel I would save a bucket-load of money.  What I need is a way of accurately modelling the individual parts or at least the core of the schematic on page 5 of the datasheet.

I am aware that these parts are not designed for parallel operation.  However, if there is some method by which it could be achieved, then it would be remiss of me not to investigate it.

The question: Is there a Spice model of the part (PFS7636H or PFS7729H) or a detailed description of the operation of the internal circuits?

Comments

Submitted by PI-csbabu on 02/13/2022

Hi Rusty,

The HiperPFS4 doesn't has any dedicated  pin to communicate between parallel modules for current sharing. When HiperPFS-4 modules are added in parallel, the current sharing is entirely dependent on the layout parasitics, choke variation, and HiperPFS part parameter tolerances.

Sorry, PI doesn't have spice model for HiperPFS parts. I request you to refer to datasheet for detailed pin description and each block operation.