Solution Finder Get Tech Support

LinkSwitch-TN Family

Posted by: prdpm101 on

Dear sir,

i want to develop a low power smps ckt with Link switch TN family. Input V upt 90-300V AC @50Hz. i need input surge arnd 4Kv. The smps i need for driving my timer ckt include microcontroller and relay. so pls advice a ckt meet my requirements

regards

Pradeep

Comments

Submitted by PI-Traveler on 11/15/2016

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you for choosing Power Integrations.

We would need additional information before we could decide on what solution or part is needed to deliver the requirments. Could you please help in providing additional information?

1. What are the output voltages and output current requirements? I understand it will drive a microcontroller and a relay so is this going to be a 5V and 12V? Please also include the required output tolerances.

2. Isolated or non-isolated?

3. Any efficiency of temperature requirements?

4. Is the power supply mounted open frame or will this be in a tightly sealed enclosure?

5. If this will be an auxiliary power supply for the microcontroller and relay may I ask why 4kV surge is required?

6. What is the end application of the whole design/power supply?

Submitted by prdpm101 on 11/22/2016

In reply to by PI-Traveler

Dear sir,

pls note my requirements

1) o/p volatge need - 12v

2) need isolated one

3) it is used for out door application

4) it is placed in IP65 plastc boxes

5) the same power supply is used for microcontroller and relay

6) it is used for out door street light application

waiting for ur replay

regards

Pradeep

Submitted by PI-Traveler on 11/28/2016

Hi Pradeep,

I suggest that you make use of the PIexpert design tool for you to come up with a transformer and circuit design. You would need to do a flyback so that you achieve isolation. I am attaching the link to PIexpert below. You can select Linkswitch-TN Flyback from the options and refer to 

https://ac-dc.power.com/design-support/pi-expert/

You can also search for reference designs from our design database. Please refer to the link below.

https://ac-dc.power.com/design-support/reference-designs/parametric-search/