Solution Finder Get Tech Support

SMPS 3 phase?

Posted by: Atul_Rahate on

Hello,

Is it possible to design the smps using TOP-245 for 3 phase RYB or RYBN (or both)?

I cant find the relevent information in any forum. 

Thanks 

Atul

Comments

Submitted by PI - Traveler on 08/22/2012

Yes it's possible.  I need more information to be of assistance though.

What is your input voltage range?

What are your output specs?

Any specific design requirements?

-The Traveler

Submitted by Atul_Rahate on 08/22/2012

Input voltage - 50 Hz, 3 Ph, 415V (RYB or RYBN)

output voltages - 4.2V 2 Amp(Main)          and         36 volts, 200mA.

Peak loads.

Good EMI filter required.

Device - TOP 245

Thanks

Submitted by Atul_Rahate on 08/25/2012

Please reply.

Thanks

Submitted by PI - Traveler on 08/31/2012

Sorry for the late reply.  I've been out sick with the flu.

I would start with the PI XLS design that I've attached to this post.  It should be a good starting point for you.

You'll also need to look into our StackFET topology and how to implement it by searching in our forums for "StackFET".  You can also check out our design support section for Utility Meters.  These application examples are in the 480Vac territory and have good write-ups.

For the feedback circuitry in your TOPSwitch-GX power supply, I would suggest using PI Expert to do a quick auto-design using a 265-300Vac input with the outputs you've specified.  You won't be interested in how it sets up the transformer or primary side circuitry but it will give you all the information on the componnets you'll need for the feedback circuitry.

-The Traveler

Submitted by Atul_Rahate on 08/31/2012

Hello Traveler,

Thanks for the Reply

I read the pixls attached. also read about StackFet topology, Is it necessary to use external Mosfet for this Design? Can you please post Circuit diagram with Top245 of TNY device? I'll be constructing the transformer myself. I have previously designed SMPS using single phase supply with top and tny devices.

Submitted by PI - Traveler on 09/10/2012

With the input voltage in your design, yes you'll need to use the external MOSFET.

For the circuit schematic, you can use PI Expert for the general schematic but the transformer, and primary side component values won't be correct.  You should be able to use PI expert to help you put together your feedback circuitry though.  

As far as setting of the StackFET topology, this is a good place to start: http://www.powerint.com/sites/default/files/PDFFiles/di124.pdf

-The Traveler

Submitted by Atul_Rahate on 09/16/2012

Design Done!

Thanks for the help PI Traveler .

Submitted by srb_enq on 04/24/2013

Input Ac operating range :
phase to Phase ( R-Y or Y-B or B-R ) : 430V
Phase to neutral ( R-N or Y-N or B-N ) : 230V
Switching frequency should not be in range of 60KHz ~ 90 KHz and 110KHz ~ 150KHz.

Output1 : 16V/ 1.2A

Output2 : 5V/  2A

All o/p are with ref to common gnd

Could you please help me out for the design

Regards, Saumyaranjan