解决方案查找器 技術支援

Innoswitch3-CP USB-C PD issue

Posted by: HadiShahamat on

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have followed this reference manual.

https://www.power.com/sites/default/files/documents/der-628_18watt_usb_pd_charger_using_innoswitch3-cp_and_cypress_controller.pdf

I couldn't get any higher output power than 5V and 500mA from the USB socket by plugging different cell phones.

My question is, since the reference design date is 2018, did you use the original CYPD3175 with pre-loaded firmware? If not, would you please guide me on which FW should I load into the CYPD3175 to get the proper output voltage ranges described in USB-C PD?

I also attached pictures of my design for your reference.

Best regards,

Hadi Shahamat

Files

Attachment 大小
CYPD3175 circuit.png 97.53 KB
SMPS circuit.png 99.38 KB

回應

Submitted by PI-Waer on 02/11/2024

Hello,

If it was not indicated in the DER documentation, then the pre-loaded firmware was not changed from when the design was made.

It is possible that the phones you are plugging in are not requesting the higher voltage/current and that is why the output is limited to 5V, 500mA. You can you use the following tool to simulate a device that is requesting the higher power level: CY4533 - Infineon Technologies

If even after applying this tool or any other methods to request for a higher power and the output is still 5V, 500mA, the issue would most likely be with the Cypress controller. I would recommend reaching out to Cypress for further support because the InnoSwitch3-CP part is designed to be capable of providing up to the maximum power level indicated in the DER, but the controller needs to be the one to send the signal to the InnoSwitch3-CP to request for the required output.

I hope this helps.