解决方案查找器 技術支援

ac to dc conversion, smps

Posted by: mkjitendra on

Hi Team, 

I want to know in SMPS design when feedback voltage from the output side increase beyond a certain limit then smps goes off due output overvoltage but at this condition when smps output off then feedback voltage is also zero then switching IC will sense zero feedback voltage then again smps will turn on and again it senses feedback volatge and again it will off so this output on/off cycle will continue or there is any other method in this case, please answer.

回應

Submitted by PI-TOMMY BRADFORD on 06/02/2024

Hello mkjitendra,

Good day and thank you for your interest in our products.

In relation to your question, yes, the device will continue to turn on/off (auto-restart or hiccup) if a fault condition (overvoltage, for example) occurs and will return to normal operation once the fault is gone. Mostly, the response of our device during fault conditions is auto-restart; however, some of the devices can be configured to have a latch response.

May I ask what device you are currently using, and are you experiencing any kind of fault that triggers the auto-restart function of the device?

Let me know if you require further assistance or have any more questions or clarifications.

Warm regards and have a great day ahead.