The LYTSwitch-5 family is ideal for single-stage power factor corrected constant current LED applications – bulbs, tubes and ballasts.
Each device incorporates a high-voltage power MOSFET and discontinuous mode, variable frequency, variable on-time controller. The controller also provides fast (cycle-by-cycle) current limit, input and output OVP, plus advanced thermal management circuitry.
The combination of a low-side switching topology, cooling via electronically quiet SOURCE pins and frequency jitter ensures extremely low EMI. This reduces the size of the input filter components – greatly reducing audible noise.
The part numbers shown in Table 1 describe 3 different power levels and two MOSFET voltage options to cost-optimize designs, while EcoSmart™ switching technology ensures maximum efficiency for each device size and load condition.
Combined Single-Stage PFC + Accurate CC Output
- Accurate CC, better than ±3%
- Power Factor >0.9
- Low THD, <10% with typical input and output conditions
- >90% efficient in optimized designs
- High switching frequency and DCM allow compact magnetics
- Supports buck, buck-boost, tapped-buck, boost, isolated and non-isolated flyback topologies
- 2 MOSFET voltage options and 3 power levels for optimum device selection
- No electrolytic bulk capacitors or optoisolators for increased lifetime
- Comprehensive protection features
- Input and output overvoltage
- Open-loop protection
- Advanced thermal control
- Thermal foldback allows output light delivery at abnormally high ambient temperatures
- Hysteretic shutdown provides protection during fault conditions
|Power - Output (Max, Univ)||16.00 W|
|Breakdown Voltage||650 V|
|Voltage - Input (Min)||90 V|
|Voltage - Input (Max)||308 V|
|Auto-Restart & Overvoltage Response||Latch Off|
|Mounting Type||Surface Mount|
|Temperature - Operating (Min)||-40 °C|
|Temperature - Operating (Max)||150 °C|
|Control Features PMIC||
Auto-Restart/Latching Fault Response
Output Open Loop