ソリューション ファインダー 技術サポート

Commercial Led Driver

Posted by: aliaykan on

Hi,

I designed  a few led driver with LYT Switch-4 and LNK-PH. Designs are 40W, 50W and 60W 700mA. Each based on SCHEMATIC1.

1. Input parameters normal (THD,PF Efficiency etc)

2. Each design's output current  rising 200-300mA in a few minutes. What can be do for stabilizing?

3. No load ouput voltage is more than %50 of the desired voltage. (Desired 50V, result 75-80V) Decreasing zener voltage effecting output regulation and efficiency.

4. Constant current region is very restricted. Max 7-8V. I need less than %50 max string voltage. 

5. With these parameters Schematic1 is not suitable for commercial driver. Only can be used for aplication specific projects.

6. DER289 seems to complies my need. But using high valued resistor will seriously effect the efficiency. http://www.powerint.com/sites/default/files/PDFFiles/der289.pdf 

7. Can I replace the sense circuit in DER289 with ST's SEA05 or TSM1052 CV/CC secondary side controller? 

http://www.st.com/web/en/resource/technical/document/datasheet/CD00263128.pdf

http://www.st.com/web/en/resource/technical/document/datasheet/CD00152575.pdf 

8. Is attached schematic CV-CC  suitable for this design?

Files

Attachment サイズ
SCHEMATIC CV-CC.pdf 14.06 KB
SCHEMATIC1_1.pdf 14.61 KB

コメント

Submitted by PI-Dunwell on 08/26/2014

2. Each design's output current  rising 200-300mA in a few minutes. What can be do for stabilizing?

Make sure Iv and IFB currents are stable. Increasing IFB and decreasing Iv causes Iout to rise and vice versa. Layout on FB and V-pins should be as neat as possible to avoid leakage paths. Make sure C14 is not leaky.

3. No load ouput voltage is more than %50 of the desired voltage. (Desired 50V, result 75-80V) Decreasing zener voltage effecting output regulation and efficiency.

Overvoltage through bias depends on secondary to bias coupling. This coupling and ovp zener tolerance dictates your overvoltage level

4. Constant current region is very restricted. Max 7-8V. I need less than %50 max string voltage.

CC in these IC's are optimized at 150uA IFB. A good CC can be found if operating IFB on the range of 90-210uA.

7. Can I replace the sense circuit in DER289 with ST's SEA05 or TSM1052 CV/CC secondary side controller?

Yes you can use alow drop regulator on the secondary

8. Is attached schematic CV-CC  suitable for this design?

Its good for CC and a little portion on CV. On the schematic, R12 provides the minimum current fed to FB pin. This minimum current is used so that the controller will not enter autorestart. During CV mode if the FB current falls to the minimum IFB(D7 reversed biased due to low output current/power), you will lose control of the CV and output voltage will tend to go high.

Submitted by aliaykan on 09/22/2014

Dear Dunwell,

I tried the attched schematic. (57V-700mA) As you told; CV controlling is nearly not working and reach over 100V in no load. I have to keep no load voltage precisely a few volts above the max string voltage. Is it possible with attached schematic and LYT-4 series?

Thanks,

Submitted by aliaykan on 09/22/2014

Dear Dunwell,

I tried the attched schematic. (57V-700mA) As you told; CV controlling is nearly not working and reach over 100V in no load. I have to keep no load voltage precisely a few volts above the max string voltage. Is it possible with attached schematic and LYT-4 series?

Thanks,

Submitted by PI-Dunwell on 09/22/2014

As of now, we havent released the CV mode app note for LYT-4. Your current schematic as I've said earlier will lose ontrol of the output voltage at light load and will not meet your required precise no load voltage.

We'll inform you (or keep watch on latest design example reports with CV) if the said CV mode operation for LYT4 is ready. 

Submitted by aliaykan on 09/30/2014

Dear Dunwell,

Can I use hatched section in the schematic by replacing directly for TOPJX and Hiper LLC for tight and wide CC / CV regulation?

Regards,

Submitted by PI-Dunwell on 10/01/2014

Yes. Just take note that the control pin of TOPSwitch is to received the feedback current. So normally, the emitter side of the optocoupler(not the collector) is connected to it.

br