ソリューション ファインダー 技術サポート

PI Expert error for LCS7265C design "Transformer windings do not fit in the winding window"

Posted by: ForceTronics on

Hello,

I am working on a PI Expert design with the LCS7265C. For the design I would like the output DC voltage to be 60V, but whenever I enter an output voltage higher than 24V I get the following error "Transformer windings do not fit in the winding window." The fix for the error is "Use a larger transformer" but I don't see how to change the transformer in PI expert. Can you please provide guidance on fixing this error? Does PI expert or the LCS265C not support output voltages higher than 24V?

Thanks,

Neil

コメント

Submitted by PI-Wrench on 01/08/2024

I don't know how you are getting an LCS design to run in PI Expert. When I try to run an LCS design in PI Expert, it ports me over to PIXLS, where a 60V design is most definitely achievable. For your 60V output, I would recommend that you run a voltage doubler at the output. That configuration uses a single winding with turns sized for 30V (essentially 1/4 the turns as compared to a 60V full-wave center-tapped design), and eliminates the construction step of having to twist the wires in a full-wave center-tapped design together to achieve adequate balancing between output phases. You get 2 diode drops worth of loss using a voltage doubler, but that will be relatively insignificant  for a 60V output.