解决方案查找器 技術支援

Single Stage PFC Flyback Choices for CV Output

Posted by: azumaniac on

I have a specialized LED lighting application that requires:

Power Output Range for various designs: 6-10W

Very high PF: > 0.968

Full range dimming using microcontroller PWM dimming: 0 - 100%

Output Isolation is preferred

Not to mention, I also need a housekeeping supply to operate the microcontroller from.

I have experimented with the LinkSwitch PH and PL devices, implementing some of the designs outlined in the App notes and document DER-263.  My conclusion is that I am not going to achieve everything that I want from a Single Stage design.  My current plan is to implement a low-power PFC Flyback design with a CV output and use this to operate the microcontroller and also power a separate, discrete CC LED regulator with PWM dimming.

Looking through the available PI devices and applications however, I don't see where any low-power PFC Flyback designs have been implemented other than the LinkSwitch PH and PL designs.  I was thinking along the lines of a design using something like the LinkSwitch CV devices.

I suppose I could convert a LinkSwitch PH design to CV operation.  I just wonder if there is something that I am overlooking?   Has someone actually achieved a LinkSwitch PH design with 0-100% PWM dimming, with an integrated housekeeping supply for microcontroller operation?  Can someone give me a pointer for a device or App Note for a low-power PFC Flyback design with CV output?

Thanks in advance

回應

Submitted by PI-Crumb on 08/09/2012

LinkSwitch PH does not work with CV operation.

DER-263 I believe is the only available pwm dimming design example you can use as reference on your design.

For PFC flyback design with CV output, you may use LinkSwitch-CV with passive power factor using Valley Fill Circuit.