解决方案查找器 技術支援

Design with TinySwitch-II

Posted by: LIWEI on
Hi, I used TinySwitch-II for my power design, Input AC is 120~277V, Outputs: 12V/0.2A and 24V/0.1A, but from PIExpert Designer, it adviced to use TinySwitch-III, so what is the difference? Thanks.

回應

Submitted by PI-Spock on 09/15/2008
Tiny-III is the newer generation product (3rd generation) and has a few more features available on it as compared to Tiny-II. 1) Tiny-III specifies a parameter called I^2F which is a power co-efficient and since it is more tightly controlled as compared to Tiny-II it can reduce the overload power 2) Tiny-III has a feature called on time extension which can increase hold up time for a given input cap size. 3) Current limit is programmable using a capacitor between BP/M pin and Source pin. for the power level you are looking at this may not be applicable for you. Although its a 8 pin DIP package - Tiny-III does have a different pin allocation as compared to Tiny-II (not pin to pin compatible)
Submitted by LIWEI on 09/15/2008
Should I switch to Tiny-III for my design, according to PIExpert? Thanks.
Submitted by PI-Spock on 09/16/2008
If it is new design then yes I would say TNY-III is the better option.
Submitted by prasun on 09/17/2008
i wud suggest that try tny2. Coz if you are looking for adaptor application...TNY2 is the latest release that satisfy the application requirement with less component count, tatal cost & weight.