Building verses buying a power supply saves money, but also ensures you're getting exactly what you need for your application. To help engineers understand these and other advantages, PI has just produced a new demo on building your own power supply with PI's TOPSwitch and TinySwitch ICs.
Included in the video are:
- Steps for selecting the right IC for your power supply
- Using TinySwitch for simple low-power designs
- Using TOPSwitch for higher-power designs requiring protection features
- Reducing design time with PI Expert Design Software
- Inputting your requirements to produce fully functional designs with customized schematics, full transformer documentation, and a complete bill of materials
- Resources for prototyping and assembling your power supply