PI has recently published two Design Example Reports (DERs) for dimmable LED lamps incorporating PI's series of LYTSwitch-4 high-line LED Driver ICs.
- DER-370 is an 8.8 W non-isolated buck design for a PAR16 LED Driver. It works with a wide selection of TRIAC dimmers, has a fast start-up time (<300 ms), and is highly efficient (>86% at 230 VAC).
- DER-404 Is an 8.8 W TRIAC dimmable non-isolated buck-boost LED Driver for A19 Lamps. It provides superior performance and end-user experience with a start-up time of <150 ms.
Both designs also include the following features:
- Low-cost, low component count
- Single-stage Power Factor Correction (PFC)
- Small printed circuit board (PCB)
- Output short-circuit protection with auto-recovery
- Auto-recovering thermal shutdown
To learn more about these and other LYTSwitch-4 designs, visit the LYTSwitch-4 product page.