PI recently introduced DER-294, a design example report for a low-cost, low-component count 350 W PFC front end using HiperPFS™-2.
- Complete PFC solution: controller, PFC diode, PFC Mosfet, and protection in a single IC package
- EN61000-3-2 Class-D compliance
- New "Cool-Pad" package reduces IC mounting hardware
- High PFC efficiency and high power factor across wide load range that enables 80+ Gold design
- New feature with integrated power good signal to synchronize operation with DC/DC converter stage
- Frequency sliding maintains high efficiency across load range
- Highly integrated PFC solution that reduces EMI and voltage stress in power components
- Excellent transient load response with integrated amplifier
Learn more about DER-294.