Solution Finder Get Tech Support

Design support required for Constant Voltage Power Supply with PFC 12Volt - 10Ampere

Posted by: kunal88del on

Hello,
I require design support for making a Constant voltage power supply with PFC at 12Volt - 10Ampere DC for universal AC input voltage range..
Please be kind enough to provide the design support for the above mentioned specification in HyperPFS, HyperPFS2 & HyperPFS3 family solution.
Regards

Comments

Submitted by PI-Neela on 06/08/2016

please provide the PIXL designs of PFS1, 2, and 3, they normally carry most of the design specs.  

PI-Neela, that is the issue. I tried using PIXL but when I enter 12Volt as output voltage, it gives error & asks me to change other variables. I would very much appreciate if you could help me out in this regard.

Submitted by PI-Neela on 06/14/2016

PFS is a boost circuit and it works with AC input and DC output will be fairly high voltage to operate. Please refer to RDK236, DER294, DER394 for design examples.

Well, the design examples are of very high output votlages, as already told by you. However, can you help me out in designing high power factor based 12Volt DC constant voltage SMPS for 1Amp, 2Amp, 3Amp, 5Amp & 10Amp? They will have to be of universal AC input voltage range.

Submitted by PI-Neela on 06/21/2016

If you have AC universal input and 12V output, boost is not the topology for that kind of conversion. you can consider flyback. Or  you can add an second stage after booster stage to convert bus voltage of 385Vdc into 12V.