Solution Finder Get Tech Support

High efficiency isolated HV to LV power supply

Posted by: ChrisC on

There have been numerous additions to the PI product line in the past 3-4 years.

Looking for a high efficiency (90+%, ideally 95% or higher) high voltage (300-500Vin) to low voltage power supply controller.

Some of the new products advertise Power Delivery (PD), wondering if it those are easy to program output voltage without using the USB C interface - I.E. by control of local microcontroller once power is up & running, also if anyone has used these parts for dual output voltage control (Via USB PD interface OR local uC control).

Looked for applications engineering contacts, but seems like maybe this forum is the only means of obtaining Applications Engineering support in the US?

Thanks,

Chris

Comments

Submitted by ChrisC on 03/30/2022

Should also note that load power varies between ~ 1W up to 30W

Submitted by PI-Lupin the Third on 03/30/2022

Hi Chris,

Thank you for reaching out. PI Forums provide technical support worldwide including in the US. We'll be glad to help you with your question. Please wait for a while as I delegate your inquiry to one of our technical representatives.

Best regards,

PI-Lupin 

Submitted by PI-Spark on 04/06/2022

Hi ChrisC,

For your input voltage specifications 300-500V, is it DC or AC?

We have the InnoSwitch3-AQ product family for high input DC voltage and fixed output voltage applications.

You may refer to the link below for related information and reference designs.

https://www.power.com/products/innoswitch/innoswitch3-aq#product_resources

For programmable output voltage (either USB PD or using local microcontroller), we recommend the InnoSwitch3-Pro product family.

InnoSwitch3-Pro is digitally programmable thru I2C interface with another microcontroller as the I2C master.

You may refer to link below for resources such as reference designs with universal AC input, code libraries, and programming manual documents.

https://www.power.com/products/innoswitch/innoswitch3-pro#product_resources

Regards,

PI-Spark