ソリューション ファインダー 技術サポート

INN3370C Not working correctly

Posted by: Rahul Surawase on

Hello PI,

I am using InnoSwitch3 Pro Inn3370C for Power supply design, we are facing different issues like,

1. Facing issues to restart the system again, it's started (there is 5V at VBus) but not going Configured 

2. As per the configuration Vout not going to change (Inno3Pro_ramp) it's remains same 5V

3. If configure Vout as 8V, device get restart 

It's work at 1st start (configured and take load upto 5A) after that when I try restart it again within a min after Vbus 0V, it's not taking configuration parameter or Q4 not goin to enable but there is voltage 5V at Vbus

No change in voltage after configuration which I set 8v in configuration, it's remains 5v at Inno3Pro_Ramp code which is need to increase linearly as per the code.

Please check schematic design and revert back asap 

Thanks, 

Rahul

Files

Attachment サイズ
DER-625_65W_0.PNG 131.81 KB
RDR-641_40W_0.PNG 153.41 KB
INN3370C_Pro_0.pdf 53.32 KB

コメント

Submitted by PI-Sky on 08/24/2021

Hi Rahul,

Could you please attach the schematic and other documents again? It seems that I can't see it here in this thread.

Thanks,

PI-Sky

Submitted by Rahul Surawase on 08/25/2021

Hello Sky

Please check Attachment for Schematic diagram 

Thanks, Rahul

Attachment サイズ
DER-625 131.81 KB
RDR-641 153.41 KB
Phynart Schematic 53.32 KB
Submitted by PI-Sky on 08/25/2021

Hi Rahul,

The schematic that you attached seems to be good based on the design example reports. I am assuming you're using the InnoSwitch3-Pro arduino library. If so, what kind of arduino are you using? Is the problem only limited to Inno3Pro_ramp or the problems is seen with the other arduino files too?

I would suggest you to try reducing the pull up resistors (R15 & R21) to 2.2k instead of 4.7k if there's any difference. 

Could you also tell me anyway that I can send you a new copy of the InnoSwitch3-Pro arduino library just in case that there's a problem with the current library that you have?

Thanks,

PI-Sky

Submitted by Rahul Surawase on 08/26/2021

Hello Sky, 

Currently i am using this Library for tetsing  https://www.power.com/design-support/downloads/innoswitch3-pro-code-library-and-api-arduino

and  Arduino Uno Rev3   https://store-usa.arduino.cc/products/arduino-uno-rev3/

I observe that by using ramp code voltage goes up-to 7.75V at no load state Inn3370C is shutdown(No auto-restart), when at constant current 4.5A load Voltage goes up-to 6.5V & Inn3370C is shutdown(No auto-restart) and at constant current 200mA load Voltage goes up-to 7.5V & Inn3370C is shutdown(No auto-restart).

We try all example code from the library to check the circuit performance in which basic code working correctly at 5V/5A but when I change voltage it's not working(Not working with any code & Inn3370C shutdown or Auto-restart)

I am using 5mOhm sense resistor across the IS pin. 

Thanks,

Rahul

Submitted by Rahul Surawase on 08/26/2021

I mention specifically Ramp code because we observe result on it and trying figure out issues, as per that we observed when voltage or power increases Inn3370C is shutdown.

If there is any Update in Arduino library please share with us, which help us fix the issue.

Email address- rahul.s@phynart.com

Thanks, 

Rahul

Submitted by PI-Sky on 08/26/2021

Hi Rahul,

I've tested the code on our test board with Inn3370C IC. I've seen no issues so far with it. Based on this, I believe that it is not the code that is the problem but some other protection feature is being triggered. Does the shutdown voltage change with input line voltage?

Also, could you check if R14 is indeed 10Ohms 1%? 
R14

And lastly, could you help me by using uploading Inno3Pro_Serial. Open serial monitor and setting OV = 10 and afterward CV = 8?
Example Input:
OV
CV

Thanks,

PI-Sky

Submitted by Rahul Surawase on 08/27/2021

Hello Sky, 

Ohk, I replace R14 as per your suggestion with this part,  https://www.mouser.in/ProductDetail/Bourns/CR0402-FX-10R0GLF?qs=URDPQ%2Fj0cz2NyGyYyiFF9A==  But there is no any change in results 

i check serial code as per you suggestion 1st i tested with 5V which i shared log and after that i checked 8V configuration i attached log file 

also i shared Plotter log for system behavior with and without load please take a look.

Thanks, 

Rahul

Submitted by Rahul Surawase on 08/27/2021

Hello Sky, 

Please cross check Schematic comparison Sheet and Log file we try to read Inn3370 register, we take few reference design and compare my design, as per that we observe few component modification, can you please suggest exact value components.

Attachment サイズ
Schematic comparison Sheet 350.51 KB
Log file 605.38 KB
Submitted by PI-Sky on 08/30/2021

Hi Rahul,

Your primary bias circuit components should be working.

Could you check if the shutdown voltage changes with the Input line voltage?

Also, I did not see the output of the Inno3Pro_Serial.ino that I asked. Could you please check if it is working with Inno3Pro_Serial? Check the output with these commands:

Watchdog

0 (Disable)

OV 

CV

Thanks,

PI-Sky