解决方案搜寻 技术支持

Topswitch HX maximum power

Posted by: Spencer Fu on
We are suing TOP261En to design a power for 150W woofer amplifier, how can we get the maximum power of 254W(universal input)lists on datasheet? Currently we got 220W measured by electronic load. Another question is thermo problem, by electronic load at 1/3 of rating power, the temperature is good enough for our need; but while using amplifier to be load and imput 100Hz sineware signal, the temperature will increase to 100 centigrade and above. Any suggestion for our reference? Many thanks.

评论

Submitted by PI-Spock on 09/15/2008
The maximum power listed in the datasheet assumes the following 3 conditions 1) Input voltage VMIN = 100VDC 2) Efficiency at full load is 80% 3) VOR (reflected output voltage) = 135V Is it possible that your design does not meet any of these 3 criterion? What size input capacitor are you using? I am not sure I understand your question regarding thermals; perhaps you can clarify - but what I can tell you is that you should limit the device temperature to below 110 degrees C
Submitted by Spencer Fu on 09/15/2008
Thanks for your quick reply. Well understood your conditions to get mzximum power. Our design is +-25V, wish to get 250W peaking power (30 sec) with ERL35 core, can you give us a suggestion of transformer? Regarding thermals, due to our application is for audio amplifier. The test load must be amplifier itself, my question is the temperature of amp load(100Hz signal)is 30 centigrades higher than electronic load (resistor). Could you advise why lower frequency signal radiation is worse than resistor? Any suggestion to reduce chip thermal? Will TO-220 package be better for thermal? Best regards,