Solution Finder Get Tech Support

INNOSWITCH as current generator

Posted by: FG on

Hi,
I'm trying to realize a costante current generator with INNOSWITCH. I have a Voutmax 8V and current 0,5mA constant. How can I do ? I'm using INNOSWITCH  INN2023K as CV generator : no problem. But I want modify it as current generator (0.5A) with a maximum Vout = 8V. How can I do ? I have Your evb and I whould use it to change something, less than possible, to try it asap. Can You tell me something ? Inside Your software tool I didn't find possibility to simulate this IC: is it possible or I made a terrible mistake ?
Thanks.
Regards

Comments

Submitted by PI-Sarek on 07/05/2015

Hi,

It appears that you are trying to design a power supply with 0.5A CC characteristic.

The InnoSwitch part has built in CC of 2A. You cannot reduce it to a different value.

You can however use an expternal circuit of your own that will control the feedback pin of the InnoSWitch by sensing the output current.

I am providing a link to a circuit that demonstrates how an external circuit can be used and connected to the power supply such that CC operation can be achieved.

http://ac-dc.power.com/design-support/reference-designs/design-examples/di-12-16-w-universal-input-lead-acid-battery/

Regards,

PI-Sarek